Globalworth Real Estate Investments (GWI) is a listed real estate company active in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and quoted on the AIM-segment of the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Why we’ve invested
Growthpoint Properties holds a 29.4% stake in GWI, known as the pre-eminent office investor in the CEE real estate market. Holding the market-leading position in Romania and Poland, GWI benefits from robust demand for A and P grade buildings, driven by a younger, skilled population, particularly in the IT sector.
GWI at a glance
- Both Romania and Poland have strong macro economic fundamentals
- GWI has excellent access to debt capital and equity capital markets
- The portfolio consists of over 60 high-quality office and light-industrial assets in prime locations, valued at over EUR 3 billion
- Sustainable properties with a strong focus on workplace design, employee wellness and productivity
- Solid tenant base of over 650 national and multi-national corporates including Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Hewlett Packard
- Solid property fundamentals with long lease lengths, low vacancies and high demand for more space
- Growthpoint has so far invested R7 billion with R1 billion in dividends received
- Most SA REITs invested in Eastern Europe focus on the retail sector; Growthpoint is the only domestic REIT with mainly office exposure in the region