Many of our innovative and sustainable designs have been recognised with awards from industry peers; such as the South African Property Owners’ Association (SAPOA) and the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA).
· We are a Platinum Founding Member of the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA), the country’s official green building authority.
· We contribute to publications such as “Rands and Sense” and “Green Lease Tool Kit” by the GBCSA.
· We funded (along with ESKOM) the GBCSA’s Energy and Water Benchmarking Tool.
· In 2013, we embarked started to address the greening of our existing portfolio stock.
· This R53 million project involved an energy efficient lighting upgrade (using the latest energy-saving technologies) in our office portfolio. During 2015, we successfully rolled out new basement lighting technology, in order to reduce basement lighting operating hours.
· Member of Dow Jones Sustainability indices which is in collaboration with RobecoSAM 2013-15
· Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark, 2014 participant.
· Our business remains one of the leading companies in the African real estate sector for carbon disclosure reporting.
· First Property Company to be included on the JSE SRI (Social Responsible Investment) since 2009
· GBCSA Leadership Award, 10 Year Award for the Property Investor/ Owner with the highest number of Certifications, 2017
· GBCSA Best Quality Green Star submission, 2017
· SAPOA Overall Green Award 2017 for No 5 Silo (50% ownership)
· SAPOA Commercial Office Development Award 2017 for No 5 Silo (50% ownership)
· SAPOA special commendation award for innovative development for the Growthpoint App
· SAPOA Innovative Excellence Award 2016 for Best Commercial Office Development, Ridgeview Office Park, Umhlanga.
· SAPOA Innovative Developments Award 2016 for the Greenovate Awards Programme
· SAPOA Innovative Merit Award 2014 for Tshedimosetso House in Pretoria
· SAPOA Overall Green Award 2014 for No 1 Silo (50% ownership)
· SAPOA Overall Green Award 2013 for Lakeside Office Building in Centurion.
· Nedbank Capital Sustainable Business Awards 2014 for Infrastructure and
· Renewable Energy- Tshedimosetso House, Pretoria.
· Nedbank Capital Sustainable Business Awards 2013 for Infrastructure and
· Renewable Energy - Lincoln on the Lake, Durban.
· MSCI ESG Research awarded Growthpoint an ESG rating of an A, 2015.
· Finalist for Energy Reduction category and certificate of merit for the Recycling category for the Eco-Logic Awards in association with SABC 2014.
· World Responsible Tourism Award 2014; Gold for V&A Waterfront (50% ownership)
· Awarded the LUX International Project of the Year award for our 2013 low-energy lighting installation programme over our whole portfolio.